Wednesday 20 October 2010

Start now to create some traditions for Christmas

Let's think of CHRISTMAS AS A JOURNEY - NOT A DESTINATION.

By starting the journey now, we have time to create some traditions.
It takes time to be creative, lack of time is one of the main reasons we find Christmas so stressful.
It's not like I am decorating my house or sending cards this week... but I am starting on things that will be part of our time together this year.

When I saw this silk quilt on Niki Jones' beautiful online collection...

it started me thinking about all the silks lying dormant on my shelves.


Being an impulsive soul, I started straightaway sewing this grey with the ticking stripe silk - adding just a dash of red at the ends. It would have been redder but this was all there was.


The hand stitching is going to take time, but then I hope this quilt will be wrapping itself around a few christmases to come. 


So though it seems like it's a bit early, it really isn't.


'Patience is power; with time and patience the mulberry leaf becomes a silk gown.'
Chinese proverb

I'll be back soon with some more ideas for thinking ahead for Christmas, but if you are feeling the spirit rising gather yourself here for some beautiful ways with Pinecones






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow! this is amazing, totally what i love. the way the silk puckers with the stitching is so cool, it breaks up the sleekness of the silk and makes it more cozy, i think :) again, thanks for sharing!

behind the ivy said...

This is looking gorgeous, I can't wait to see more!

Ingrid in Bj! said...

Thanks for your encouraging words - I love the look of the puckering silk too -just takes a lot of stitches!
I x

Anonymous said...

Now even I might be able to handle that kind of quilt, the kind that doesn't involve sewing little tiny bits of cloth together! Its going to be an heirloom.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...