Well actually I made this one for Ian, Alice, Ja Young, Sam, Sylvia, Andrew, Louise (especially Louise), Amelia and Grady yesterday - an early Valentine's lunch.
You still have time to rustle one up today for the person/people you love.
Pavlova has to be the easiest dessert to make with a bit of a 'Wow" factor.
For this size (10 people)
- 5 egg whites (room temperature)
- 10 oz (280gm) white sugar (caster or granulated)
- 400 ml (2 cups) whipping/double cream
- Set oven to 125C
- Whisk the egg whites till they form stiff peaks in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar 2 Tbsp at a time and whisk well after each addition.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper and grease lightly with flavourless oil.
- Spoon the meringue mixture onto the sheet and shape into a heart.
- Take a thin skewer and twirl the edges to makes little peaks (looks good)
- Put in the oven - lower than middle shelf and cook for 1 hour @ 125C. Then turn off the oven and leave meringue in there for at least 2 more hours or even better overnight. This will just let it dry more without browning.
- Take the meringue out, find a big plate and add whipped cream and strawberries and present it to the ones you love.
To make a smaller one just use 3 egg whites and 6 oz (170gm) of sugar.
♥♥♥ Hope your day is filled with hearts ♥♥♥